What is an electronic drum set and how does it work
An electronic drum set is a digital instrument that uses electronic pads to produce sound. These pads are usually made of rubber or mesh, and they are struck with sticks or mallets to create different percussion sounds. The electronic drums are connected to a sound module, which is responsible for generating the various drum sounds.
Most electronic drum sets have built-in speakers, so you can play them without connecting them to an amplifier or PA system. However, if you want to practice with a band or perform live, you will need to connect the drums to an amplifier or PA system.
Electronic drums are a great way for beginners to get started with playing drums because they are relatively affordable and easy to use. In this article, we’ll do an overview of the 5 best electronic drum sets for beginners that are available on the market.
5 best electronic drum sets for beginners:
Alesis Turbo Mesh
The Alesis Turbo Mesh Kit is an unbeatable value in electronic drumsets. For just shy of $300, you get a complete set with mesh heads, MIDI over USB, and integrated practice tools. The mesh heads are responsive and fast, the cymbals are 10″, and the whole kit folds down to a size that’s easy to transport.
The included module is also packed with great sounds and features, making this an ideal set for both beginners and more experienced players alike. If you’re looking for an affordable electronic drumset that doesn’t compromise on quality or features, the Alesis Turbo Mesh Kit is the perfect choice.
Roland V-Drums TD-1K
Looking for a great starter drum set that won’t break the bank? Check out the Roland V-Drums TD-1K! This affordable yet high-quality kit is perfect for those just starting out, or for more experienced players who need a practice set that won’t take up a lot of space.
The TD-1K features responsive playing pads that give you a natural feel, plus a versatile sound that can be customized to your liking. And at around 25lbs, it’s super lightweight and easy to transport, making it perfect for cramped apartments or small practice spaces. So if you’re looking for an drum set that won’t break the bank but will still give you a great sound and playing experience, the Roland V-Drums TD-1K is the perfect choice!
Looking for an electronic drum set that gives you the best of everything? Look no further than the Yamaha DTX402K. This incredible kit comes packed with immersive stereo drum samples, better-playing rubber pads, and a sturdy 4-post stand – giving you the ultimate in performance and practice.
And with exciting new features like 10 training and challenge modes via the free DTX402 Touch app (iOS/Android), and compatibility with Yamaha’s Rec’n’Share app, you can film and share your drum covers straight from your iOS device. The DTX402K also comes loaded with 10 customizable drum kits and 415 percussion sounds, so you can always find the perfect tone to suit your mood. Whether you’re into pop, metal, EDM, or anything in between, this drum set has you covered. So don’t wait any longer – order your Yamaha DTX402K today!
The Alesis Surge Mesh Kit is an 8-piece electronic drum set with dual-zone mesh heads for the ultimate in playability and feel. This kit comes complete with everything you need to get started, including 3 tom pads, 2 crash cymbals, 1 ride cymbal, 1 hi-hat, a kick pedal, and a throne.
The included sound module features 70 different kits and 600 different sounds, so you can always find the perfect tone to suit your mood or style. And with built-in USB and MIDI connectivity, you can easily record your performances or connect to virtual drum software for even more flexibility. So if you’re looking for an affordable yet high-quality drum set, the Ales
Roland V-Drums TD-07DMK
The Roland V-Drums TD-07DMK is a complete electronic drum set that comes with everything you need to get started, including 3 tom pads, 2 crash cymbals, 1 ride cymbal, 1 hi-hat, a kick pedal, and a throne.
This kit also features Roland’s innovative SuperNATURAL sound engine for the most realistic drumming experience possible. And with built-in Bluetooth connectivity, you can wirelessly stream audio to your favorite speaker or headphones for private practice. So if you’re looking for an drum set that gives you the best of both worlds – great sound and playability – the Roland V-Drums TD-07DMK is a perfect choice!
What are the benefits of using electronic drum set?
There are many benefits of using an electronic drum set, including the following:
1. You can get a great sound without taking up a lot of space.
2. They’re much lighter and more portable than traditional acoustic drum sets, making them perfect for small apartments or practice spaces.
3. They’re much quieter than acoustic drums, so you can practice without disturbing your neighbors.
4. You can easily connect them to a computer or virtual drum software for even more flexibility.
5. They often come with built-in sound modules with hundreds of different sounds and kits to choose from.
So if you’re looking for an affordable, high-quality, and versatile drum set, an electronic drum set is a perfect choice!
How to choose the best electronic drum set for beginners?
When choosing the best electronic drum set for beginners, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
1. Budget: How much money do you want to spend? There are many great options available at different price points, so it’s important to set a budget before you start shopping.
2. Size and portability: Do you need a compact and portable set that you can take with you on the go? Or do you have enough space for a larger, more feature-rich set?
3. Sound quality: What kind of sound are you looking for? Some sets offer better sound quality than others, so it’s important to listen to demos or read reviews before making your final decision.
4. Ease of use: How easy is the set to assemble and use? Some sets are more user-friendly than others, so it’s important to find a set that’s easy to set up and use.
5. Extras: Does the set come with any extra features or accessories that you might find useful? Some sets include things like built-in sound modules or Bluetooth connectivity, so be sure to check for these before making your final decision.
No matter what your budget or needs are, there’s an electronic drum set out there that’s perfect for you! So don’t wait any longer – order your Yamaha DTX402K today!
FAQ: Electronic drum sets for beginners
What is an electronic drum set?
An electronic drum set is a drum kit that uses electronic pads to trigger drum and percussion sounds, rather than using traditional acoustic drums. These sounds are generated by a drum module or sound module, which is typically housed in a rack or enclosure separate from the drum pads.
Are electronic drum sets suitable for beginners?
Yes, these drum sets are a great option for beginners because they offer a wide range of drum and percussion sounds, as well as various features that can help you learn and improve your drumming skills. Some of these drum sets even come with educational software or practice routines to help you get started.
What should I consider when buying an electronic drum set for a beginner?
There are a few key factors to consider when buying an electronic drum set for a beginner:
- Price: it can range in price from under $200 to several thousand dollars. Consider your budget and what you are willing to spend on an drum set.
- Size: Electronic drum sets can vary in size and the number of drum pads and cymbals included. Consider how much space you have available to set up your drum set and whether you want a compact or full-size kit.
- Sound quality: The quality of the drum and percussion sounds that a drum set produces can vary widely. Be sure to listen to demos or try out different drum sets to find one that has sounds you like.
- Ease of use: Some electronic drum sets are more user-friendly than others, with intuitive controls and simple setup procedures. Consider how easy it is to navigate the drum set’s settings and choose a kit that is straightforward to use.
Are electronic drum sets loud?
No, they can be significantly quieter than traditional acoustic drum sets, as the drum and percussion sounds are generated electronically and do not produce any physical vibration or sound waves. However, the volume of an electronic drum set can be adjusted using the drum module or sound module, and some kits come with built-in headphones for quiet practice.
Can I use my own drum sounds with an electronic drum set?
Some electronic drum sets allow you to load your own sounds onto the drum module or sound module, either through a USB connection or by using a memory card. This can give you more flexibility and allow you to customize your drum set with your own preferred sounds. However, not all drum sets have this feature, so be sure to check the manufacturer’s specifications before purchasing.
Final thoughts on choosing the best electronic drum set for beginners
If you’re looking for an affordable, high-quality, and versatile drum set, an electronic drum set is a perfect choice! There are many great options available at different price points, so it’s important to set a budget before you start shopping. And with built-in sound modules and Bluetooth connectivity, you can easily find a set that offers everything you need to get started. So don’t wait any longer – order your Yamaha DTX402K today!